[tabi] Re: Nova 2010 Plan

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:06:20 -0400

Hi Lynn,

Robert's point, and it's a good one, is that any blind person living more than 3/4 mile from these new routes isn't elligible for dial-a-ride service. since the routes aren't going into the neighborhoods as they did before, this will leave some people without dial-a-ride service, unless the city or someone chooses to carry the cost of their ridership anyway.

there's no need to "slow down and gather our thoughts" on this point, it's an important one; we should ask StarMetro how this situation will be handled? will there be people who once qualified for dial-a-ride service, who under the new plan, will be denied service because of a change in bus routes.

thanks.

Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>