[tabi] NOVA experiences

  • From: Erica <ericamccaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:08:43 -0400 (EDT)

 Monday and Tuesday afternoons went great: 2 hours total from the time I left
my house near Northwood Center, picked up my daughter at Mission San Luis, and
got back home-- missed having the expected 30 minute layover out by DEP
(Hartsfield Rd.) because the Tennessee Street bus was so late. Wednesday
afternoon was a different story: waited on Hartsfield Rd for 70 minutes-- 40
more than expected-- got a nice sunburn, too.
This system is surely no better for me.
"Next to Text" feature worked some of the time. Of course, knowing when the
next bus is SUPPOSED to be by doesn't change the reality...
Perhaps the most frustrating thing was STANDING on west Tennessee St., at the
edge of the Greyhound bus parking lot, waiting for a bus, looking over at that
oasis of shade (also featuring water fountains, soda machines, benches and
restrooms) known as C. K. Steel Plaza!!

 Fortunately, I missed being caught in the rain on Thursday and Friday
afternoons-- because I called a friend to pick up my daughter!!
I have heard several stories of buses not coming at all...
I think this system only works best if your business is on the same route as
your home!! How unrealistic!