[tabi] Re: Logging in on the BARD site using IE

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BARD Talk" <bardtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:59:08 -0400

For those who can not get IE to remember their password:

Here is the solution:

For Internet Explorer AutoComplete

  Start Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. Click the
Content tab. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete. In the
AutoComplete Settings dialog box, select the User names and passwords on forms
check box (if it is not already selected), select the Prompt me to save
passwords check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK. Click
OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.

  Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type Services.msc, and then
click OK. The Services snap-in appears. In the Name list, locate Protected
Storage. Note the Status column. If Protected Storage is running, Started will
appear under Status. If Protected Storage is not started, start it. To do this,
right-click Protected Storage, and then click Start.

  If the service is already started and running, Stop and Restart the service.

  LOL

  Now I know how a geek feels.