[tabi] Lighthouse staff to be WFSU pledge drive HOSTS Wed, 10/13, 10am-noon! Call 414-1234 & a Lighthouse volunteer will take your pledge : )

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fcb-l <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:17:05 -0400

Excitement!

Guess what?! Barbara Ross (Executive Director) and Lynda Jones (Public
Awareness) are going to be the WFSU HOSTS for the Fall pledge drive
tomorrow, 10/13, from 10am to noon. WFSU has been wonderful about
publicizing the Lighthouse & blindness-related issues, so we want to return
the favor. If you love NPR and/or need to renew your membership, please call
in during our 10am-noon shift: 414-1234.

We are also thrilled that volunteers from the Lighthouse who are visually
impaired (and one Teacher of the Visually Impaired) will be answering the
phones - we made the forms accessible, once again proving that you can do
just about anything with vision loss. Lynda and Barbara will be making this
point continuously since (if you don't know) Lynda herself is totally blind.
We'll also be giving away a couple of Dining in the Dark tickets to spread
the word about the benefit, as well. (Do you have your tickets, yet?!)
Hooray for spreading awareness!

So tomorrow, 10/13, 10am-12noon, please call to support our local NPR
station:

414-1234 or 1(800)926-8809

Thanks,
Barbara
------------------------
Don't miss DINING IN THE DARK!  $55 per ticket
October 24, 4:30-8:30pm, University Center Club
Check it out on our website http://www.lighthousebigbend.org
<http://www.lighthousebigbend.org/>

Barbara L. Ross
Executive Director
Lighthouse of the Big Bend
"Guiding People Through Vision Loss"

NEW LOCATION!
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace
Tallahassee, FL 32301

(850) 942-3658 x 201
Fax: (850) 943-4518

~ Please consider the environment before printing this email ~

--
www.lighthousebigbend.org