[tabi] Lighthouse Dog Guide Group meeting - 4/15, 5:30 until 7:15 pm

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:00:54 -0400

From: Evelyn Worley
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010

Hi everyone. The next meeting of the Lighthouse Dog Guide Group will
be this coming Thursday, 4/15 at our new location - 3071 Highland Oaks
Terrace. It will start at 5:30 and last until approximately 7:15.

At the last meeting, the group decided to make this meeting a dinner
field trip! The options are: Number 1 Fresh Stir Fry or Pepper's
Mexican Grill. Both are located on Captial Circle, to the south of our
building. I would like for all of us to meet here at 5:30 and then
start walking to dinner at about 5:50. Please arrange for
transportation home from the restaurant. Do you think a pick-up time
of 7:15 will be adequate?

Please vote on your restaurant choice! Send me an email or call me by
5:00 p.m. on Monday. That will help me know who will be attending. I
will then announce the chosen restaurant (with the address) on

Also, if your dog is hairy, please participate in the following
activty before the meeting:

Hi from Norine,
I am planning a project to enter in the Multi-Sense-Ational Art
Contest  the Lighthouse is sponsoring.  My plan will require lots and
lots of guide dog hair - so please brush and contribute to me.  It
does not have to be clean because it will be washed several times in
my processing.  I would love for this project to be representative of
all the guide dogs in the big bend area.  Please tell everyone you
know.  Please drop off zip lock bags of dog hair to Evelyn at the
Lighthouse.  Please include your name, the name of your dog, your dogs
age, and the school your dog is from (which I would like to note on
the back of the project.)  Time is of the essence.  I really need a
gazillion bags (or close to it) of dog hair by the end of April.
Thanks so much.  Please, please contribute "Juno's" fur for this fun
project.  Each dog contributing will receive a Milk Bone and each
person, a hug.  Love, Norine

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Evelyn Worley, COMS, CVRT
Lighthouse of the Big Bend