[tabi] Re: Language barrier?

  • From: "Daniel Ben Moshe" <danielbenmoshe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:35:55 -0400

    Very good, you see that man didn't sit down and take it. He used what he
knew, and he was reworded for his persistence.
  now some of us, would have left the establishment, and just never returned
if something like this happened to us. I think we should look at this story,
and take hart, because there are many more like it. I again say that we
should be very vidulant, because the tide in America is changing for the
worse for persons with disabilities.  Especially for those of us who are
blind. We are selves have to be very active in protecting our own rights.
I say this, because when I go to the nfb meetings, or the acb meetings.  I
only see, our older citizens involved. Our young people, are there, but we
treat those meetings as a social event,Where we drink, and do what ever.
These meetings are for us to come together, in unity, of purpose, to gather
information about things going on concerning our community, to find out how
to become more involved at the different levels.  So that we are better able
to protect ourselves.  We sit back, and expect others to do the fighting for
us, but we ourselves will not go out and fight.  Now there are allot of our
blind citizens who do a very good job at advocating, and fighting for
themselves, and the rights of other Blind people. That's cool, but we need
to see more young people, getting involved, at the local, state, and
national levels.  Our older citizens, have done a very great job preserving
what we have today, but it is now the time for a new generation to take the
torch, a and carry it for the generation behind us. Stories like this are
very inspiring to me, and it gives me renewed hope for us. Keep on trucking,
we will get there.

 en Moshe,
Benai Yahshuah Synagogue Of Broward County,
www.theblindcansee.org
Choose ye this day whom you will serve.  If Yahweh be Elohim, then serve
him, with all of your hart.  However, if bail be your master.  Then serve
him.  As for me, and my house.  We choose, to serve Yahweh!

The late Bishop Joe Patterson told a story long ago, when I was a small
child.  About Elijah, and the 450 false prophets of bail.  He said that
Elijah, stood, and told the false prophets to go on ahead, because they had
a much larger program.  He said that they had 450 participants, and he only
had one.  Elijah, also reminded them, that they had to drag their god up the
mountain side on an ox cart.  the man of Yahweh, also said, that his Elohim
would be there when he arrived.  He said mockingly,you go on ahead.  Heck, I
will even let you call your god first.  I'M going to take a nap, and when
you guys finish your foolishness, wake me up. Go ahead now, take your best
shot.
Bishop Joe O Patterson
A blessed memory
1963-1989