[tabi] It's picnic time again

  • From: "Sally Benjamin" <salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 21:06:12 -0400

It's picnic time again for

Tallahassee Council of the Blind

And, you are invited!

Come join us on Saturday, September 21st at the home of Elizabeth and Frank
Bowden, located at 1919 Leone Drive. Our gathering will be from 2:00 p.m. until
7:00 p.m. We will be having a variety of entrees including fried chicken,
rotisserie chicken, and hot dogs, along with assorted side dishes and dessert.
 Dinner is $7.00 per person, free for children under 12, and will be served
around 2:30 p.m. If you're bringing food, remember to bring enough to serve
20-25 people. Come prepared to take a dip in the pool. Children must be
accompanied by a parent and flotation device.

We'll also be having a Chinese auction. We'll need items to sell at the auction
so if you have any new or gently used items to donate, notify a member of the
activities committee (Sally, Kathy, Wendy or Tricia) and bring it with you to
the picnic or make arrangements for it to be picked up prior to the picnic.
Bring $1 bills with you to bid on items in the auction.

Remember, this is a fund raiser to help raise funds so that we can continue our
important advocacy and other outreach work. Bring your money, spirit of fun and
an empty stomach!

Please call Tricia Kiser at 850-942-2371 to make reservations or if you need
further directions. Advanced reservations are very much appreciated as it helps
in planning and reduces waste. We're looking forward to seeing you there.  Come
share in the feast, fellowship and fun!

If you are a member of TCB and would like to pay your dues at the picnic we
will be glad to accept them. If you are not a member but would like to become
one they are $14.00 per year. The check can be made out to TCB.

Directions to the Bowden home are easy as pie and are below.

From the Apalachee Parkway/Capital Circle Southeast area:
1.  Get on Capital Circle SE, heading North.

2.  Turn left on Miccosukee Road.

3.  Turn right at Blair Stone Road.

4.  Take the first right turn onto Leone Drive.

5.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

From the Thomasville Road/Capital Circle Northeast area:

1.  Get on Capital Circle NE, heading South.

2.  Take the loop at Centerville Road to the Blair Stone Road extension.

3.  Turn left onto Leone Drive.

4.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

From the downtown area:

1.  Get on Miccosukee Road or Mahan Road, whichever you're closest to.

2.  Turn left at Blair Stone Road.

3.  Take the first right turn onto Leone Drive.

4.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

Sally Benjamin
877-630-8399
volunteer@xxxxxxx