[tabi] Re: Interesting response on facebook from Star Metro to the WFSU interview

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:56:31 -0400

My face book response:

StarMetro, thanks for the interesting facts. If someone who is senior
or disabled steps on the bus, how do you record that they are a senior
or disabled? That is interesting that you all believe you have
captured the numbers, when many, many people who are disabled do not
have a noticeable disability (or want to reveal their age) and may
choose to pay the standard fare. Another example is that all FSU
students, disabled or not, ride for free using their ID card.

We don't want to argue with you, we just want more people to speak up
and LET you "listen" to what we at the Lighthouse are hearing. As I
said in my note - you can't listen if people don't tell you their

Thanks for registering your concerns Owen - I am certain you are one
of the 12 that Mr. Ron Garrison was referring to as making your voice
heard. Let's hear it for democracy and an open debate!

Lighthouse of the Big Bend
Guiding People Through Vision Loss
1286 Cedar Center Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301