[tabi] Re: Help with Tips/Advice for how to do practical things without your vision?

  • From: "Woolverton, Stacia" <Stacia.Woolverton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:28:28 -0400

Here's one that may help.  Kind of wordy though.

Floor obstacles:  When you have guests over at the house, ask them to take
their shoes off by the door and put them on a shelf that you place there.  I
have a rule at my house that states that everyone put their shoes on a shelf by
the door.  If I find shoes on the floor, I will warn the guest the first time
that shoes must be placed either on the shelf by the door or kept on their
feet.  The second or third time I find shoes on the floor, I will throw them at
whomever owns them.  That tends to get the point across that I will trip over
the shoes if the guests persist in leaving their shoes on the floor.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Stacia Woolverton, Executive Assistant
The Governor's Commission on Disabilities
4030 Esplanade Way, Suite 260
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0950
Phone: (850) 487-3423
Fax: (850) 414-8908
Email: Stacia.Woolverton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.fldisabilityinfo.com
We serve those who serve Florida.
 Before printing, please think about the environment
For information regarding the Florida Discount Drug Card
visit: www.FloridaDiscountDrugCard.com.
For information on disaster plans, please visit the Florida Department of
Emergency Management's Web site at www.floridadisaster.org.