[tabi] Fwd: StarMetro Listening Sessions 9/25 & 9/27

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:12:43 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------- ** ** ** ** **

** **

*From:* Evelyn Worley [mailto:eworley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Monday, September 24, 2012 03:58 PM
*Subject:* StarMetro Listening Sessions****

** **

StarMetro is having some Listening Sessions this week where options for
Braille signage for the bus stops will be available for review. Please
spread the word and attend if you are able to! Thanks. (See below.) ****

Evelyn Worley, COMS, CVRT
Lighthouse of the **Big Bend**
(850) 942-3658 x203
Fax (850) 942-4518****

 ****

Get our Specialty License Plate &
$25 will help the Lighthouse!****
 *StarMetro Wants to Hear from You!*

*Customers Asked to Weigh-In on System's Performance at Listening
Sessions*- If you enjoy riding the bus and have suggestions for
improvements, then
StarMetro invites you to attend an upcoming listening session. These
listening sessions provide customers the opportunity to share their ideas
for improving the overall system directly with StarMetro’s Planning staff.
****

"While we accept suggestions all year round, these listening sessions
provide a special opportunity for our customers to meet with our Planning
staff one-on-one," said Ron Garrison, executive director of StarMetro.
"This one-on-one communication between Planner and customer really opens
the door to exploring new ideas for future route improvements."****

StarMetro's listening sessions will take place:****

   - *Tuesday, September 25*, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4:30 to
   6:30 p.m. at ****C.K.** **Steele** **Plaza****, located at ****111 W.
   Tennessee Street**** ****
   - *Thursday, September 27*, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4:30 to
   6:30 p.m. at the ****Tallahassee** **Senior** **Center****, located at **
   **1400 N. Monroe Street**** ****

*Next week's listening sessions will also give visually impaired customers
the opportunity to weigh-in on StarMetro's newest endeavor to provide
Braille signage on its bus stops, also known as StarStops. Visually
impaired customers will be able to review Braille options under
consideration for the new signage.*****

"We are 100 percent customer focused," said Garrison. "We are always
looking for ways to improve the system and make it more accessible."****

 ****

--

Lighthouse of the Big Bend - Guiding People Through Vision Loss
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL 32301