[tabi] Fwd: [LighthouseBigBendGroup] Save the Date for 2012 DINING in the DARK: Sunday, November 4, 5:30-8:30pm!

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fcb-l <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:01:04 -0400

Please Save the Date for the 8th Annual
DINING in the DARK!

Sunday, November 4, 5:30-8:30pm
at the FSU University Center Club

Raising awareness & funds for individuals who are visually impaired or blind

Lighthouse of the Big Bend “Guiding People Through Vision Loss”
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 942-3658 - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.lighthousebigbend.org

Eager to reserve a table or help sponsor the event?! Sponsorships are
already available! Check out the form attached or below:

 “DINING IN THE DARK” TALLAHASSEE NOVEMBER 4, 2012

What is it?

The 8th Annual Paula Bailey Dining in the Dark event is a unique dinner to
raise awareness about blindness and raise funds for the local non-profit
serving the blind, Lighthouse of the Big Bend (formerly FIRE.)  We are
honoring Paula Bailey, a former client and Board member, who was both blind
& deaf from meningitis, and passed away in 2005.

What happens at the event?

Experience food, drink and conversation as you may never have before –
without your sight. Your other senses are stimulated to savor the smell,
taste and texture of your dining experience. This year we will have an
exciting new menu, the Leon County Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team will once
again wait on you with their night vision goggles, and after dinner the
Paula Bailey “Inspirational Community Member Award” will be presented.

When and where will this take place?

Sunday, November 4, 5:30-8:30pm, at the University Center Club in the FSU
Stadium.

How can I become a sponsor?

We have eight opportunities for you or your business to receive some
publicity and partner with the Lighthouse to support our work in assisting
people who have lost their vision:

Scholarship: $60                   * Reserve a ticket for someone who can’t
afford to go.

à la carte Angel: $100          * We will thank you in our event program.
(Ticket not included.)

Table for Eight: $600            * You will receive tickets for a private,
named table of eight.

Table for Ten: $700              * You will receive tickets for a private,
named table of ten.

Silver Spoon: $1,000            * You will be recognized on Lighthouse’s
website, newsletter,

  event invitation and on event signage.

* You will receive a framed certificate of appreciation.

  (Plus thanks in the program and a private table of eight)

Gold Goblet: $2,500             * We will name one monthly Computer Class
that takes place in

  the coming year in your honor. (Plus the Silver benefits above)

Platinum Platter: $5,000       * We will name one weekly Independent Living
Class that

  takes place in the coming year in your honor.

  (Plus the Silver benefits above)

Diamond Dining: $10,000   * Your contribution will be recognized on the
event’s annual

  award and we will guarantee a photo of the presentation in the

  Tallahassee Democrat. (Plus the Silver benefits above)

Simply send in the sponsorship form below with your donation, or donate
online at www.lighthousebigbend.org <http://www.lighthousebigbend.org/>
through Guidestar & Network for Good. Thank you!

Please complete the following information:

Your name:

Business name:

Address:

City, State & Zipcode:

Phone:

Email:

Sponsorship Level:

__ Scholarship ticket: $60

__ à la carte Angel (donation) : $100

__ Table for Eight: $600

__ Table for Ten: $700

__ Silver Spoon (Table for 8 included): $1,000

__ Gold Goblet (Table for 8 included): $2,500

__ Platinum Platter (Table for 8 included): $5,000

__ Diamond Dining (Table for 8 included): $10,000

Please list the person or company to receive recognition (feel free to
attach a business card):

Please send this form and your donation to: Lighthouse of the Big Bend,
Dining in the Dark,  3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL  32301 –OR–
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ON-LINE donations now accepted! Visit our website at
www.lighthousebigbend.org <http://www.lighthousebigbend.org/>  and click on
Guidestar/Network for Good to donate by major credit card or PayPal. Under
“designation” type Dining in the Dark. If you need any other assistance,
please feel free to call Barbara Ross, Executive Director at (850) 942-3658
x 201, or email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your generosity!

Lighthouse of the Big Bend “Guiding People Through Vision Loss”
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 942-3658 - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.lighthousebigbend.org

Questions? Call the Lighthouse at (850) 942-3658. Thanks for your support!

Lighthouse of the Big Bend
“Guiding People Through Vision Loss”
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace
Tallahassee, FL 32301