[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 17:02:08 -0400

Thanks for the offer Brian; however, no need (I'm sure you did it the only
way you could), I just happen to use Red Hills and was disappointed; didn't
mean to argue that you should have done it some other way.

I've happened to have missed the last bus of the day because it's run 10
minutes ahead of schedule, and I would like the option of having one more
bus to catch if necessary.

From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 7, 2013, 2:23:00 PM EDT
To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday

 <http://www.talgov.com/communications/communicationshome.aspx> City of
Tallahassee News Release

 <http://www.facebook.com/COTNews> COT Facebook
<http://twitter.com/COTNews> COT Twitter  <http://www.youtube.com/user/WCOT>
WCOT YouTube

Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

 COT Star
if> StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

More Opportunities to Travel Later in the Evening - Starting today, many
customers using StarMetro can look forward to more service in the evenings.
Recently, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) awarded the
transit agency with a service development grant to extend a majority of its
weekday service until 8 p.m. Currently, StarMetro operates a weekday service
that is comprised of 12 routes that run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and a
nighttime service that consists of six routes that run from 7 to 10 p.m.

"Adding an extra hour of service on the majority of our weekday routes is
part of an ongoing commitment to make StarMetro a convenient and effective
way to move about Tallahassee," said Ivan Maldonado, director of StarMetro.
"Our customers have asked for extended service, and we are pleased to be
able to address that demand."

StarMetro will take a phased-in approach to extending nine of its 12 weekday
routes. Today, the Dogwood
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/starmetro-routes-d.aspx>  and San Luis
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/starmetro-routes-s.aspx>  routes will begin
running their newly extended schedules with the Forest route running its new
schedule on June 3. The Azalea, Big Bend, Canopy, Evergreen, Gulf and Moss
routes will begin running their new schedules on August 24, just in time for
the new school year. These nine weekday routes were chosen and prioritized
due to their anticipated ridership demands.

'I am proud of StarMetro for their continued efforts to find ways to improve
our transit system,' said City Commissioner Nancy Miller, lead commissioner
on the City's Long Range Planning target issue committee. 'The extension of
the weekday service will prove to be a huge benefit to our students and
those who work later in the evening as they can now be assured that
StarMetro will be there to take them home after their evening classes or

For more information about StarMetro services, please call StarMetro's main
office at 891-5200 or visit Talgov.com/starmetro
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/> . Other ways to view information include
liking StarMetro's official Facebook page at Facebook.com/starmetrotransit
<http://www.facebook.com/StarMetroTransit>  or following the organization on
Twitter at Twitter.com/ridestarmetro.

Contact: Brian Waterman, StarMetro Planning Manager, 891-5564; or Heather
Teter, Department of Communications, 891-8533

56a6b662e3b60767275686f2d6675626d7435313f686c62686d2d646e6e39> Update

 <http://www.imarcsgroup.com> Powered By ImarcsGroup.com