[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:04:43 -0400

I agree especially considering the number of blind people in this area.

    From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: May 7, 2013, 2:23:00 PM EDT
    To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday

          City of Tallahassee News Release
          Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533
          StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

          More Opportunities to Travel Later in the Evening - Starting today,
many customers using StarMetro can look forward to more service in the
evenings. Recently, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) awarded the
transit agency with a service development grant to extend a majority of its
weekday service until 8 p.m. Currently, StarMetro operates a weekday service
that is comprised of 12 routes that run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and a nighttime
service that consists of six routes that run from 7 to 10 p.m.

          "Adding an extra hour of service on the majority of our weekday
routes is part of an ongoing commitment to make StarMetro a convenient and
effective way to move about Tallahassee," said Ivan Maldonado, director of
StarMetro. "Our customers have asked for extended service, and we are pleased
to be able to address that demand."

          StarMetro will take a phased-in approach to extending nine of its 12
weekday routes. Today, the Dogwood and San Luis routes will begin running their
newly extended schedules with the Forest route running its new schedule on June
3. The Azalea, Big Bend, Canopy, Evergreen, Gulf and Moss routes will begin
running their new schedules on August 24, just in time for the new school year.
These nine weekday routes were chosen and prioritized due to their anticipated
ridership demands.

          'I am proud of StarMetro for their continued efforts to find ways to
improve our transit system,' said City Commissioner Nancy Miller, lead
commissioner on the City's Long Range Planning target issue committee. 'The
extension of the weekday service will prove to be a huge benefit to our
students and those who work later in the evening as they can now be assured
that StarMetro will be there to take them home after their evening classes or

          For more information about StarMetro services, please call
StarMetro's main office at 891-5200 or visit Talgov.com/starmetro. Other ways
to view information include liking StarMetro's official Facebook page at
Facebook.com/starmetrotransit or following the organization on Twitter at

          Contact: Brian Waterman, StarMetro Planning Manager, 891-5564; or
Heather Teter, Department of Communications, 891-8533