[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - Share Your Priorities - Without Leaving Home

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:58:50 -0400

FYI,

When Allison and I took the survey, it displays to you the results to date
immediately after you take it.  It showed at that point, 32% supported more
money for StarMetro!  We were very heartened by that.

Chip

From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 7, 2013, 2:16:51 PM EDT
To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - Share Your Priorities - Without
Leaving Home

 <http://www.talgov.com/communications/communicationshome.aspx> City of
Tallahassee News Release

 <http://www.facebook.com/COTNews> COT Facebook
<http://twitter.com/COTNews> COT Twitter  <http://www.youtube.com/user/WCOT>
WCOT YouTube

Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

 COT Star
<http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/images/communications/images/nrlogo3.g
if> Share Your Priorities - Without Leaving Home

City's Online Budget Survey Available Until May 31 - Help the City of
Tallahassee develop the proposed Fiscal Year 2014 (FY14) budget without
leaving the comforts of your home or office. The City is seeking additional
input from citizens through an online budget survey. Citizen input,
including the results of the survey, will aid staff in crafting a balanced
budget that addresses the needs of the City's diverse communities, reflects
shared priorities and moves the City toward important goals.

By completing the brief 14-question survey you can share your thoughts on a
range of topics from what City services you have used in the past six months
to your level of support on a variety of services and programs. Following
the budget questions, there are optional demographic questions. One survey
per person/computer will be accepted through May 31.

The online survey was developed to compliment feedback garnered from
citizens at the three Community Budget Workshops held around Tallahassee in
April. At these workshops, citizens provided input on items similar to those
on the online survey and participated in a fun Tallahassee Twister game to
learn more about City functions.

'We have a history of including citizens in the budget process and have
worked this year to make it easy as well as fun,' said Heath Beach, manager
of the City's Office of Budget and Policy. 'From informative games at our
recent budget workshops to this quick and easy survey, we really want to
hear from our customers.'

Information from the online survey and the public meetings will be
summarized and presented to the City Commission as part of the FY14 budget
process. The results will also be posted to Talgov.com as well as shared on
the City's Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/COTNews>  and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/cotnews>  sites.

Going through a similar process during the past two years has provided
direct results to participants. Based on feedback offered by citizens, the
City Commission allocated resources to high priorities such as a specific
initiative on small business retention and allocated $25,000 for community
gardens.

To access the online budget survey, please visit Talgov.com
<http://www.talgov.com/dma/BudgetSurveyFiscalYear2014.aspx> .

For more information on the City's budget process in general, please visit
Talgov.com <http://www.talgov.com>  or contact the Office of Budget and
Policy at 891-8551.

Contact: Heath Beach, Office of Budget and Policy, 891-8551; or Michelle
Bono, Assistant to the City Manager, 891-8200

 <http://www.talgov.com>

<http://www.411notify.com/signonact.asp?e=12e75606d6b626762727464662e7171706
56a6b662e3b60767275686f2d6675626d7435313f686c62686d2d646e6e39> Update
Account

 <http://www.imarcsgroup.com> Powered By ImarcsGroup.com

<http://nova.imarcsgroup.com/vendor/tracking/kcart.asp?a=16775737139302e6f6e
77602f686e6073627466736e766f2f62706c3075666d656e732e757162626c686f6630737360
646a2f60746f40753e333932276c3e3432373125713c323231363a>