[tabi] Re: Fwd: Braille signage at bus stops

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 19:53:38 -0500

Thanks Lynn (and Sam) for the complete update on things.

Chip

From: "Scheib, Samuel" <Samuel.Scheib@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: December 7, 2012, 1:59:10 PM EST
To: 'Lynn Evans' <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Braille signage at bus stops

Hi Lynn,

I am glad to hear from you.  With Ron leaving I would say anything currently in
the works will stay in the works because I imagine the search for a new
director will take some time and in the meanwhile Ivan Moldonado will not want
to change course on our activities.  We are still waiting to see if our request
for equivalent facilitation will be approved and nothing will happen with the
Braille plates until that time.

Concrete slabs are called boarding and alighting areas (B&A).  B&As are not a
Ron initiative but rather an ADA requirement.  We have our 30 year plan ready
and has been accepted by FDOT and that will continue apace.  There is no
movement on wi-fi but the AVL (seeing the bus on a map) is almost ready.  We
can use it now and testing is almost finished.

The electric bus is moving along just fine.  We have three on the lot and
expect to begin what we call shadow service in a month or so, in which an
electric bus will follow behind a regular bus “shadowing” on a regular route
without being entirely on its own.  During shadow service the quick charge
station will be constructed in the plaza.  It can do a complete charge in 10
minutes, but because the charge is good for 40 miles and we have no routes that
go near that far the charge will be more like 5 minutes.  The details will be
worked out during shadow service.  Once the station is complete we will put
three buses in service.  By then we might have the other two on order.  Our
goal is to have all of Canopy run by electric buses.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,

Sam