[tabi] Re: Fw: trip planner for future web site NOVA 2010

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:02:24 -0400

Thanks Lynn for asking.

All I can say is what Sendero, the maker of all the navigation systems which
interface with google transit, (by far the majority of the market I believe)
is telling it's customers.  They say it's easy, and every month they
convince more and more cities to supply google with the data so that they in
turn can get it from google transit.    If it's so easy for all of the other
cities to do it (and you only have to go to google transit to see the list
of cities onboard), it's hard to see why Tallahassee would be singled out
for not receiving any cooperation.  I'm also not sure why all of the errors
currently being made by the city is somehow an argument against google
transit, but I guess that's some other discussion.

I urge anyone owning a GPS navigation system which uses the Sendero product
to quote the response from StarMetro, and write the city commission.  You
can also check this out with Sendero either by calling them, or by using
their mailing list, to get info on google transit (and how difficult other
cities seem to find it).

  _____