[tabi] Fw: [fcb-l] FYI

  • From: Toni King <tkk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:43:34 -0500

Good Morning,
I thought I would share this information.
the Interim DBS Director is going to be Aleisa McKinlay, the Director of the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. This is not the best because it could mean DOE may be moving towards combining DBS with DVR (instead of DBS being its own separate agency under DOE). This could mean separate services for the blind could go away. The new department of education director is from a state where these departments were consolidated. So our new director of education just might be planning to do the same here.
There is a song saying "be thankful for unanswered prayers.
Well some people's prayers were answered when the director of DBS stepped down. Let's hope that is all of the changes to come!
Toni King

Check out my blog

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
  Helen Keller, The Open Door (1957)

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras