[tabi] Re: Fw: Window-Eyes 7.2 is Now Available!

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 14:10:34 -0400

And it's free!!  no SMA!!

This is, I think, the third free upgrade since version 7 was released,
and that's impressive!

As many of you may know, I was a jaws user for 10 years or so, before
switching to window eyes.  not out of cost, my employer left the choice
to me, including all the Freedom Scientific SMAs needed for their
upgrades, but for other reasons.

I'm very aware that most blind people don't have a lot of money, and so
I thought this was worth mentioning; if you don't have an employer
willing to buy you all the upgrades, well here's one more reason to
consider something else which is easier on your budget.

I've also been overwhelmed by all the things I can do with their
scripting, from making applications more accessible, to building useful
applications which have an automatic speech and braille interface
easily.

I'd be glad to give a demonstration of scripting, and what I've been
able to do with it, to any group who is interested.