[tabi] Fw: [VICUG-L] IE 9 with JAWS 12

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:35:32 -0400

FYI
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Cook" <STCook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 8:36 AM
Subject: [VICUG-L] IE 9 with JAWS 12

Hi All,

Here is some information from the Freedom Scientific free webinar training for IE 9 with JAWS that I have already signed up for.

August 2
NOTE: You do not need to have Internet Explorer 9 installed to take this free Webinar. If you are still using IE8 you may not be able to follow along as we practice, but you can still listen to the Webinar and ask questions even without having IE9 installed. We only recommend that you update to IE9 if you have JAWS 12 or later. For MAGic 11 users we recommend that you stay with IE8 at the present time.

Have you installed Internet Explorer 9 yet? If so, you have probably found that many of the keystrokes have changed, and there are several new features that you need to learn how to use. In this free Webinar we will look at the following items:

The Notification Bar, which replaces the Information Bar in prior versions of IE
The View Downloads dialog box
New and changed keystrokes
RSS feeds in IE9
Clear browsing history and cookies
Turn on keystroke to enable Quick Tabs
And more
Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Time (16:00 GMT)
Cost: No charge
Level: Beginner to intermediate
Length: One hour

http://www.freedomscientific.com/training/Free-Webinars.asp

Steve Cook
Assistive Technology Consultant
SC Commission for the Blind
1430 Confederate Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
Office: (803) 898-8788
Fax: (803) 898-8882
E-Mail: stcook@xxxxxxxxxxx

June 26-July 2, 2011 is Deaf-Blind Awareness Week. For more information about Deaf-Blind Awareness, contact the South Carolina Commission for the Blind at 1-800-922-2222.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
Subscribe: vicug-l-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"unsubscribe" in the subject.