[tabi] Fw: Tonight's books And Beyond

  • From: "Darla J. Rogers" <djrogers0628@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:30:12 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Nancy Lynn
To: Missouri Chat List ; mcb List ; friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx ; Mikes Mess List ;
ACB List
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 2:49 PM
Subject: Tonight's books And Beyond

For many, Braille has and continues to play an important role in our lives.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of Louis Braille. At
present, an exhibit honoring  his work and Braille itself is traveling the
country. Very likely, there is no one who knows more about the man himself than
tonight'sBooks And Beyond guest. C. Michael Mellor, former editor of the
Matilda Ziegler magazine now residing in Brooklyn, will tell us tonight about
Louis Braille's life and work, how he became interested in him and what Braille
means to him. Has its time come and gone? In the days of adaptive technology
and access to so very much in audio form, has Braille still got a place in our
world? Take an hour from the debate and join us tonight. Whether or not you
personally read or enjoy reading Braille yourself, it is a time we can spend
together learning about a man who has had a significant impact on all our lives.
To hear the show, go to www.ACBRadio.org and then to the mainstream page.
Choose your favorite player and connection speed and you'll hear the show. It
begins airing tomorrow morning at 1 hour UTC or tonight at 8pm US eastern
standard time and then is replayed every 2 hours for the next 24. As we always
say, you never know who you'll meet or what you'll learn on Books And Beyond.