[tabi] Re: Fw: Re: cell phones

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:29:43 -0400

sorry Charles.

I kept looking to see if I could come up with some sort of answer, but I
never found anything.

No, I don't think cell phone numbers were ever published in any sort of
public directory.  I think there's a way you can tell if a number is a cell
phone or not, but that's not the same thing.

so, I never found any sort of "real" legit warning about having to register
your cell phone.

That wasn't really the point of my original response.  I was trying to say
that any sort of email which asks you specifically to pass it on  to as many
people as possible, is very likely to be a hoax, and needs to be checked out
by you before passing it on.  It doesn't take much effort to learn to use
snopes, and to research some email like this.  even if this was real, say 10
years ago, it could still have turned into a hoax.

Best answer I can give.

Chip