[tabi] Fw: Paula Baily 2015 speakers & award

  • From: "Sila Miller" <Silamiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:42:30 -0400

Thanks to John for sharing the below. Great news! Way to go, Miss Paloma.
Thanks for advocating on behalf of all of us!

Neil Rambana and I are beyond words. Lighthouse of the Big Bend and Jennifer
Crowder have supported Paloma since she was two months old and even after she
was no longer eligible for services due to the funding gap. We were honored to
be tonight's keynote speakers and share our love for Lighthouse with tonight's
sold out Dining in the Dark crowd.

More excitingly, Paloma received the Paula Bailey Inspirational Community
Member Award! She is the first child recipient ever to be bestowed with this
honor. One of the requirements for the award is the "ability to invoke positive
emotion and action in others." She has certainly done that and more. We are
very proud of Paloma's accomplishments and thankful for all that Lighthouse of
the Big Bend and Miss Jennifer do for all of those with blindness and vision
loss. We are also grateful to our families, friends and God for the help and
support over the last ten amazing years!