[tabi] Re: Fw: Nova 2010

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:38:50 -0400

Very Very good Darla!!!

All of it true of course.

What I was amazed at however, was her "we're not going to modify our
system for a few riders ..." attitude.  Someone needs to explain to her
that A) it's the law!  not a suggestion! and B), it benefits everyone
when we do so (those who are elderly, walking with aids, or simply not
always looking at every car all the time).  The examples of how
beneficial curb-cuts for wheel-chairs have turned out to be is just one
example.

I could not believe she said anything like that; it's an attitude from
40 years ago.

Thanks for writing her.

You know, how is any person who can't drive for whatever reason supposed
to buy a house somewhere, based on it "being accessible to public
transit", if the city keeps changing and reducing the public transit
areas served?  It's literally a moving target.