[tabi] Re: Fw: [Nfbf-l] New Generation Victor Reader Stream - version 4.2 upgrade

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 19:18:08 -0400

Thanks Denyece.

I had the original victor, then I switched to the booksense when the victor
died, and I've had to purchase 3 booksenses over the years as they don't
last me very long (and now my third one is showing the same signs it's about
to die).  I think I'll look into the Victor when this goes, and likely
switch back (I always did like its key layout and design much better, so
hopefully that's still the same).

Thanks.

From:    "HumanWare" <marcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Thu, September 5, 2013 11:37 am

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click here
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/-en-Newsletter-2808131033-html/3576n6/6412
97769

http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576n8/641297769

New Generation Victor Reader Stream, version 4.2 upgrade

September 5, 2013 â?" HumanWare is pleased to announce the
latest software upgrade, version 4.2, for the popular new generation
Victor Reader Stream portable digital talking book player.

"The Victor Reader Stream is HumanWare's most popular product, and we are
pleased to offer our customers exciting and useful new capabilities with
this software upgrade," says Matthew Janusauskas, Technical Product
Manager for Victor Reader products. "We have added enriched media choices
for avid Stream users, from important sources like the National
Federation of the Blind and Bookshare®, as well as support for
Microsoft® Windows Media®."

NFB-NEWSLINE®, a service of the National Federation of the Blind, offers
327 national and local newspapers and 40 magazines to its more than
100,000 users. Stream owners can enter their account information directly
on the Stream and begin receiving their favorite newspapers and magazines
wirelessly without a PC or telephone. Stream automatically synchronizes
with NFB-NEWSLINE and maintains the same issues of publications that are
found on the server, which usually includes today's edition, yesterday's
edition and the previous Sunday edition for newspapers and the latest 2
editions for magazines.

Bookshare® has more than 200,000 books available for its 260,000
members, and the Stream will now be able to search the entire Bookshare
online library, provide wireless book downloads, and automatically unpack
and decrypt downloads using the member's account credentials.

"HumanWare has had a long and successful affiliation with the NFB and
with Bookshare, so we are happy that we can continue to have a close
relationship with these fine organizations with our products and their
content, to the benefit of our mutual customers" remarked Gilles Pepin,
CEO of HumanWare.

Version 4.2 is a free download for Stream customers, and can be installed
automatically over a wireless connection, downloaded from HumanWare's web
site or installed by using the free HumanWare Companion PC software
application.

"We are thrilled that access to NFB-NEWSLINE® content is now integrated
into Victor Reader Stream, making it easier than ever for our subscribers
to download and read their favorite content with this groundbreaking
device," said Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of
the Blind. "We have a wonderful working relationship with HumanWare and
look forward to continuing to work with the company to make the
ever-expanding selection of NFB-NEWSLINE® content available through its
products."

"The ability to search, download, and read books wirelessly on the Stream
will greatly improve the ease and reading experience for Bookshare
members. We applaud this update and look forward to serving many happy
Stream users." added Betsy Beaumon, VP and General Manager of Global
Literacy at Benetech.

Join HumanWare product managers Matthew Janusauskas and Greg Stilson for
a webinar to learn about how recent software updates to both the popular
Victor Reader Stream, and BrailleNote Apex make access to books and
classroom materialssimpler than ever before. Start off the school year on
the right foot. Don't wait for your classroom materials.

Thursday, September 26

11:00 AM EST (8:00 AM PST)

UK: 4:00 PM

REGISTER NOW
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/e-humanware-event-registration/3576nd/6412
97769

http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/der-stream-new-generation-html/3576ng/6412
97769

About HumanWare

HumanWare (www.humanware.com
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576n8/641297769

) is the global leader in assistive technologies for people who are blind
or have low vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products,
including the BrailleNote® Apex, the leading productivity device for the
blind in education, business and for personal use; Victor Reader®, the
world's leading family of digital audio book players; the unique
Prodigiâ"¢ family of desktop and portable vision and reading systems, and
Trekker® Breeze, the all-in-one handheld talking GPS.

Please contact us for more information:

U.S.A. and Canada

Toll free 1-800-722-3393

us.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:us.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bookshare® is a registered trademark of Beneficent Technology, Inc.

For more information, go to:
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576nl/641297769
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576nl/641297769

NFB-NEWSLINE® is a registered trademark of the National Federation of
the Blind.

For more information, go to:
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576nq/641297769
http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/2013-09-05/3576nq/641297769

1 800-722-3393

HumanWare, 1 UPS Way, Champlain, NY 12919, USA

Unsubscribe
http://visit.humanware.com/unsubscribe/u/3332/5aa3aea6349cd82a4c51aea4b13f07
8e/641297769

 from our newsletter.

http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/humanware/3576ns/641297769

http://visit.humanware.com/e/3332/humanware/3576nv/641297769

Thanks in Advance.  God bless,  Roger Khouri
Nfbf-l:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/peace05%40comcast.net