[tabi] Fw: GW Micro Launches GWSkype

  • From: "Easy Talk" <easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 06:56:46 -0500

GW Micro Launches GWSkype
----- Original Message -----
From: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 2:46 PM
Subject: GW Micro Launches GWSkype

GW Micro Launches GWSkype

Fort Wayne, Indiana (December 19, 2011) - GW Micro, Inc. (www.gwmicro.com)
announced a major innovation today for the blind and visually impaired
community.  GW Micro, developers of Window-Eyes, the most powerful screen
reader available, have developed GWSkype - a Window-Eyes app that makes Skype
accessible to all blind and visually impaired people who use a Windows computer.

Skype is a peer-to-peer service that allows users to call and message others
via the Internet.  Skype users may also call other landlines for a fee.  While
Skype has been around for years, its constantly changing user interface has
been extremely difficult for blind and visually impaired users.  "Each time the
user interface changes, we have to completely write new a new Window-Eyes app
to account for the changes," said Dan Weirich, Vice President of Sales and
Marketing for GW Micro.  "These constant changes make it difficult or
impossible for blind and visually impaired consumers to continue using the
Skype service."

The new GWSkype app will always make the Skype service available to blind and
visually impaired computer users regardless of new versions of Skype that are
released.  The GWSkype app is a Window-Eyes app and demonstrates the power of
Window-Eyes apps unmatched by any of its competitors.  As Christmas is
approaching, GW Micro is releasing the GWSkype app to all blind and visually
impaired users who are running Windows at no cost.  So, even a consumer not
running Window-Eyes can still download and use the GWSkype app.

"We believe that this is a special time of year and we want to give back," said
Weirich.  "GWSkype is a special gift from GW Micro to all blind and visually
impaired users of Windows".

The GWSkype app can be downloaded at http://www.gwmicro.com/apps/gwskype.  You
can download the GWSkype live webinar and product demonstration at

GW Micro has been a trusted pioneer in the adaptive technology industry since
1990, and continues to lead with innovative, customer driven solutions.

Skype™ is a trademark of Skype Technologies S.A.

Dan Weirich, VP of Sales and Marketing