[tabi] Fw: Bee Stings.............

  • From: <sgreenblatt76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TABI" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:39:52 -0400

Since this is the season for working outdoors I thought I'd pass this
interesting tidbit along. I know this isn't specifically  blindness related but
I know none of us has extra money to throw away if we don't absolutely have to
and this can save you something.

By the way, this helps for fire ants too.

Here is my part to help cut health care cost!!!

This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here

It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working

in the yard......... BEE STINGS !

A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by a bee while working in the garden.

My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an
antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I
went to my regular doctor. The arm was Infected and needed an antibiotic.The
doctor told me - ' The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15

That night, my niece was stung. I looked at the bite and it had already started
to swell.. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning,
there was no sign of a bite.  We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the

Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again,

by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again to the

doctor for another antibiotic.

I promptly got my money out and taped a penny to my bite then sat

and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite

No redness, no swelling.

Wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the same
problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand .

The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite.  It
definitely works!

Please remember and pass this information on to your friends, children,
grandchildren, etc.