[tabi] Re: Free Veterinary Eye Exams in May

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:04:14 -0400

Thanks Scott for posting this.

As it happens, we recently took our cat to the vet for an eye infection.  It
turns out he has a chronic eye infection which is viral, probably a
left-over from a upper respiratory infection he got when he was at the
animal shelter.  This causes him constant tearing in one eye.

The vet says they're finding an amino-acid called Lysine, which has
absolutely no harmful effects, can sometimes act as an anti-viral agent, and
if we didn't mind spending the money for the Lysine in pet treat form, he
suggested we try it.

Well, after a few weeks on it, our kitty's eye problem cleared up
completely!  We don't know if this is something he'll have to take
continually for the rest of his life, or if it actually cured it, but if you
have a pet with a viral problem of any kind, Lysine pet treats are
available, and probably worth trying.

hth,

Chip

  _____