[tabi] Re: FW: Your opinions needed from StarMetro

  • From: "blindwilly" <blindwilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:45:55 -0500

Brian,

Our Tallahassee Council of the Blind is going to be meeting:  Thursday March
14, 2013 at 6:00 pm at the Light house for the blind.   Perhaps you could take
time to just stop by for a moment and share.

William Benjamin

    From: Evelyn Worley

    To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Cc: Wayne Warner ; Toni King ; Tinetta Cooper ; Simone Cunningham ; Sharon
- home ; Michael Worley ; Jennifer Crowder ; Jeanine Kane ; Eva McElvy ;
Elizabeth S. Bowden ; Barbara Ross ; Angel Scruggs Fazio ; Amanda Kan ; Julia
Kamm-Cohen ; Waterman, Brian

    Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:01 PM

    Subject: [tabi] Your opinions needed from StarMetro

    Hi everyone. Brian Waterman with StarMetro asked if I could help out with
getting opinions and/or a consensus from the blind community about the
following items by this Friday, 3/1. In addition to posting on TABI, feel free
to send your comments directly to Brian at Brian.Waterman@xxxxxxxxxx .

    1.     FTA funding has now been approved to proceed with installing the
braille signage at bus stops! It is logical to begin installing them in the
areas where the bus routes intersect. What other areas and stops do you see as
a priority, and why?

    2.     So far, the City and StarMetro have installed audible signals/APS at
10 out of the 15 intersections that were identified as being "high priority."
The rest are still in the works. A change to the priority list (see attached
list) has been requested. When the list was originally created, it was
determined that an audible signal/APS at Adams St. and Tennessee St. was of
high priority. Since then, several of the buses have been re-routed to go into
the transfer plaza, decreasing the necessity for riders to walk in the vicinity
to make their transfers. It is being recommended that the Adams and Tennessee
intersection be dropped to a lower priority. Instead, it is being recommended
that the city proceed with installation of audible signals/APS at the two
following intersections (already listed as a high priority): a) Mahan Dr. and
Magnolia Dr. and b) Seventh Ave. and Monroe St. (near the Senior Center).

    Please weigh in on each of these topics. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Evelyn Worley, COMS, CVRT
    Assistant Director
    Lighthouse of the Big Bend
    (850) 942-3658 x203
    Fax (850) 942-4518

    Lighthouse of the Big Bend "Guiding People Through Vision Loss"
    3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL 32301