[tabi] FW: Use www.myfloridaCensus.gov to be counted in the 2010 census

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:59:17 -0400

b elow is forwarded from DMS:

        Dear State of Florida Employees:

        With the 2010 U.S. Census underway, we want to tell you about a
website, www.myfloridacensus.gov, the Florida House of Representatives
launched to make sure every Floridian gets counted, and they need your
help! Each Floridian not counted means between $900 and $3,000 dollars a
year in missed federal funds. Florida will need to make up those lost
funds by local taxes or less services.

        MyFloridaCensus is a simple online tool that allows anyone in
Florida to tell the House whether or not they have been counted in the
2010 census.  With that information in hand, the Florida House of
Representatives is able to work with other census partners to help
analyze (and thereby minimize) which streets, neighborhoods and
communities may be missed in the 2010 census.

        Here are the ways you can help:

        1.      Please go to www.myfloridacensus.gov, enter your address
and click on the button to tell if you have been counted by the census
or not. This puts a point on the map to show where the census has or has
not reached people.
        2.      Post the www.myfloridacensus.gov link on your website or
social network site.  We attached graphics you can post as a button or
banner on the website.
        3.      Go to the MyFloridaCensus Facebook page and become a
friend; then ask your friends to join as well.

        If you have any questions please contact the House at
feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You can watch a video explaining how the
program works at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeTkMEQuq5g. Or you can
read the help file at http://www.myfloridacensus.gov/h_Instructions.htm

        Thank you for helping Florida by telling our elected leaders if
you have been counted by the census or not. If you have any questions or
concerns, please feel free to contact the Florida House of
Representatives at feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx