[tabi] Re: FW: Reminder: Free online training webinar - Using Microsoft Excel with Window-Eyes

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:46:32 -0400

Hi Bruce,

Sorry, but no, none of the windows screen readers will work on smart phones.

There are special readers which do work with smart phones; the I-phone comes
with a free one which is the most well known.  I believe there are others,
though I can't give you their names, as I just haven't been interested in
cell phones or smart phones so far (guess I'll have to be some day).  To
tell yu the truth, so far I've felt that a cell phone can be a great way to
separate you from a lot of your money.  I know plenty of people paying $100
a month, in a contract they can't get out of without a seriously large
financial penalty.

I use a prepaid cell phone which costs me $80 a year (the minimum number of
minutes you must buy comes out to $80 a year).  It gives me more than enough
minutes for the amount of talking I need to do on a cell phone.

I'm answering you because you addressed your message to me, but really there
are many on this list who know a lot more about accessible cell phones.

There are plenty of podcasts on this subject if you'll just google on terms
like smart phone and accessibility or speech or blind.

Hth,

Chip

  _____

When: Wednesday, August 10, 2011
What: Online training webinar
Who: Drew Markley
Comments: GW Micro is proud to announce our online webinar training series.
These are free training sessions that typically last up to an hour in
length. These webinars are a good way to brush up on your Window-Eyes
skills, as well as to learn how Window-Eyes works with various applications.
Our online training series provides worksheets for each webinar, which are
useful for a classroom setting. Whether you are a seasoned veteran, or a
beginner to Window-Eyes, our hope is that this online training series will
enhance your Window-Eyes skillset and to provide you with the tools that
will allow you better access to your computer.

This webinar will cover how to use Microsoft Excel with Window-Eyes.

For 2011, these training webinars take place on the second Wednesday of
every month at 2 P.M. Eastern time (19:00 UTC or 18:00 UTC during DST).

To access this meeting, go to http://www.gwmicro.com/meeting. You do not
have to register for these webinars. Your username will be your first and
last name. The password field should be left blank. Please arrive early as
there is a limited amount of participants for each webinar, and this is
based on a first-come, first-served basis!

If you need help accessing the room, please call Talking Communities support
at (262) 456-5911. The training webinars will be archived, and available for
download or streaming. Learn more at
http://www.gwmicro.com/Training/Webinar_Training/. If you have specific
questions regarding the online training series, please contact Drew Markley
at drew@xxxxxxxxxxx or by phone at (260)489-3671.