[tabi] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS Version 2.1 Now Available

  • From: "Denyece Roberts MSW" <peace05@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 16:45:24 -0500

From: Scott White [mailto:SWhite@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:43 PM
To: Denyece Roberts <peace05@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS Version 2.1 Now Available

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (cell)

cdanielsen@xxxxxxx <mailto:cdanielsen@xxxxxxx>

NFB-NEWSLINE Releases iOS Mobile App Version 2.1

Baltimore, Maryland (December 2, 2015): NFB-NEWSLINE continues to expand the
functionality of its free news and information service with the release of
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS app version 2.1, a free app for the blind and
print-disabled.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"Living the lives we want means being connected to important news and
information at the same time as our sighted peers. We are proud that
NFB-NEWSLINE continues to expand the availability and selection of newspapers
and other important information. It's a unique service developed by the blind,
for the blind."

Scott White, Director of NFB-NEWSLINE, said: "We are excited to release this
next version of NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile. We are constantly striving to keep this
app relevant and provide more features, and we thank our subscribers for the
many useful suggestions that have been implemented in this version."

NFB-NEWSLINE is a free service available to anyone who is blind, visually
impaired or print-disabled, offering over four hundred publications. The
service includes national newspapers like the Wall Street Journal and USA
Today, sixteen breaking news sources such as CNN and ESPN Online, fourteen
international newspapers including the London Telegraph and Vancouver Sun, and
countless state newspapers, plus fifty magazines like Time, PC World, Mac
World, Guideposts, and more.

The new version of the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS app includes a number of
enhancements, including a global search function, allowing subscribers to
search across all publications for topics of interest. The weather alert
feature will now be linked to the iOS device's GPS, so alerts will be more
accurate than ever before. A blind person can hear the beep tones warning of
weather emergencies on the television, but cannot read the messages scrolling
across the screen. NFB-NEWSLINE provides any current alerts as soon as
subscribers log into the app.

In addition to these features, TV listings have been streamlined, retail
adspreviously only available using the telephone
access methodhave been added, and choosing favorites
is now made easier by the addition of an Add/Delete Favorites button on the
screen for each publication.

NFB-NEWSLINE's vast array of publications, information, and announcements can
be accessed anytime, on the subscribers' schedule, all day, every day. And it
is always free. To learn more about NFB-NEWSLINE or to sign up, visit
www.nfbnewsline.org <http://www.nfbnewsline.org> , or call (866) 504-7300.

NFB-NEWSLINE is a service of the National Federation of the Blind.

###

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not
what holds you back.