[tabi] FW: Help with a National Science Foundation study on blind persons’ experiences with shopping malls

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 08:26:18 -0400

From: Lourdes Morales [mailto:lommoral@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:57 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Help with a National Science Foundation study on blind persons’
experiences with shopping malls

Greetings,

We are researchers from the University of California, Santa Cruz. As part of a
project being funded by the National Science Foundation, we are conducting a
survey on blind people’s experiences with shopping malls and related tasks. The
purpose of the project is to build a system that will facilitate blind people
from the U.S. and Japan to independently browse and shop at shopping malls.

Through this survey we aim to gain a better understanding of blind people's
experiences with shopping malls so that we may design a better shopping mall
assistant tool for blind people. Questions will range from demographic data to
shopping habits and experiences regarding shopping malls and related tasks.

If you are (legally) blind, please help us by completing our online survey by
June 20, 2015. We will run a draw for two $25 Amazon gift certificates as a
token of appreciation for those who complete the survey by June 20, 2015. To
complete the survey, please follow this link: http://goo.gl/forms/EmaZ4PbIPv.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email them to: lommoral@xxxxxxxx.
Also, if you know someone who might be interested in helping us, please forward
this email. We really appreciate your help.

Thank you for you time.

Best regards,

--
Lourdes M. Morales Villaverde

Computer Science Ph.D. Candidate

Interactive Systems for Individuals with Special Needs (ISIS) Lab

Baskin School of Engineering

University of California, Santa Cruz

lommoral@xxxxxxxx

soelommoral@xxxxxxxxxxxx