[tabi] FW: GW Micro Expands Its Accessibility Services - GW Micro Now Provides Web, Software, and Document Compliance Testing

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:38:25 -0400

Computer Systems Analyst
850-413-6314

From: gw-news@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gw-news@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 10:14 AM
To: gw-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GW Micro Expands Its Accessibility Services - GW Micro Now Provides
Web, Software, and Document Compliance Testing

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Fort Wayne, IN (April 28 2014) – GW Micro (www.gwmicro.com) announced today
that it has expanded its services beyond software and hardware for people who
are blind or visually impaired.  It will now be offering services to
organizations who are required to develop, procure, maintain and use electronic
and information technology (EIT) that is accessible to people with
disabilities.  GW Micro’s accessibility services will also be available to any
person or organization who is interested in making their websites, documents or
software accessible and compliant with Section 508 standards, the Americans
with Disability Act (ADA), or the internationally recognized Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.

Many organizations are required by law to have accessible EIT as mandated by
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA. “We continue to see an
increasing demand for accessible websites, software, and documents,” said Dan
Weirich, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for GW Micro.  “There are few
companies who have the knowledge and experience to help resolve these issues,
and we know GW Micro can fulfill this need.”

GW Micro develops and sells a screen reader, Window-Eyes, which makes the
computer accessible via speech and Braille to a person who is blind or visually
impaired.  Weirich noted that GW Micro is the only screen reader company to
provide these services.  “Many times, organizations will be required to do
testing and determine if their website can be accessed by a screen reader user,
and since we develop the technology, this is a great fit.”

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) has recommended GW Micro as a Web
Accessibility Consultant (WAC).  “We are excited to see GW Micro add their
expertise to this area of the marketplace,” said Anne Taylor, Director of
Access Technology for the NFB.  “We have had a long-term relationship with GW
Micro and are happy to recommend them to organizations that need to ensure they
are compliant.”

Parties interested in receiving a free initial consultation can call GW Micro
at (260) 489-3671 or email accessibility@xxxxxxxxxxx.  For more information
about GW Micro’s accessibility services, please visit:
http://www.gwmicro.com/Accessibility_Solutions/.

Contact:
Dan Weirich, VP of Sales and Marketing
dan@xxxxxxxxxxx