[tabi] Re: FW: College Student Online Employment Preparation Program, comments on carreer connect

  • From: "Elizabeth S. Bowden" <ebowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:00:22 -0400

I really liked the resume builder that is on the site. You can record information for a "data sheet" and "resume". I understand the print is very nice and professional along with the layout.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: B.J. LeJeune [mailto:BJLejeune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

New Opportunity for Youth who are Blind or Visually Impaired:  An
Online Employment Preparation Program

Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision, Mississippi
State University

Are you interested in finding a job? Are you a senior or recent
graduate from high school OR a senior or recent graduate from college?
If you answer yes to both of these questions, we have a program for
you that is being offered online, and it's free! We know that youth
who are blind or visually impaired often have difficulty finding
employment, and we want to help by providing a program that
specifically focuses on identifying the right job for you and the
steps to take to find that job. The program will last 8 weeks,
beginning in the Fall of 2009 or the Winter of 2010, and it will cover
the following topics:

*         Self-assessment & discovery

*         Interest & career exploration

*         Job search skills training

*         Employment issues specific to blindness

*         How to locate specific job openings & apply for jobs

This program will take place online, so you can be located anywhere in
the U.S. and participate. You can participate from home, school, or
anywhere you have internet access. We can also help you obtain
internet access in order to participate if this is a problem for you.
Although this is an online program, it will involve interaction with
others and will require completion of assignments. Two programs will
be offered: one for seniors or recent graduates from high school, and
one for seniors or recent graduates from college.

Specific requirements for participation include:

Legal blindness or more severe visual impairment
Blindness as the primary disability, without additional significant
disabilities
Senior in high school (or recent graduate) who does not plan to attend
college, OR Senior in college (or recent graduate), under the age of
25, who expects to seek (or is seeking) employment after graduation
Basic computer literacy and knowledge of accessibility
software/hardware that would allow participation in an intervention
provided on the Internet

If you meet these requirements and are interested in participating in
one of these free programs, or have questions, you may check out our
website at www2.blind.msstate.edu, or contact Lynda Goleman:
1-800-675-7782 or lgoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to unsubscribe send a message, containing a subject line of
the word unsubscribe, to tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

if you'd like to unsubscribe you can do so through the
freelists.org web interface, or by sending an email to the
address tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word