[tabi] Re: FW: Celebrate 19 Years of the ADA, 7/25, 4-6pm @ Am. Legion Hall, 229 Lake Ella Dr.

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:35:53 -0400

I think even though the republican court judges have watered down the
original bill, most employers think there is a lot of powerful law behind
the ADA, and so they do try and follow it; so, things are better than before
it was passed.  somewhat better, of course like racial prejudice, you've got
a lot of people who do manage not to follow it by concealing their motives
and their actions so they cannot be detected to be violating it.

I'm amazed though when I see places like the Tampa Lighthouse, who just a
few years ago advertised for a job where they said in the ad, essentially,
no blind person could apply!!!  They should know better!!