[tabi] Re: External thermometers

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:49:06 -0500

Hi Scott,

Here's what I found on a quick google:

talking indoor thermometer with outdoor wired probe for speaking outdoor
temp as well.  not designed for the blind.  $20 from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Outdoor-Talking-Thermometer-Voice/dp/B00061OI3S

and another $20 one from MaxyAids; can't tell if it's the same as Amazon one
or not, but they say it does daily high/low temp reporting:
http://www.maxiaids.com/store/ProdView.asp?idProduct=66&product=Tel-Therm-Ta
lking-Thermometer

And a $68 talking atomic clok with indoor/outdoor wireless temp sensor:
http://www.rehabmart.com/product/17469.htm

hth,

Chip