[tabi] Re: Converting PDF to a DAISY formatted book

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:11:41 -0400

Hi Lynn,

well, I think there may be a free daisy e-book creator which works with MS
Word.  if that's the case, then you've only got to look for a free pdf to
Word conversion utility.  I don't know if there are any, but if not, you can
always save the pdf as a text file, and bring the text file into Word.

Unfortunately, we bought a digital camera, and I wanted to read it's pdf
manual so I could help Allison set it up for unusual shots.  I had no luck
because the manual constantly referred to everything using international
symbols for all buttons and menu choices (or there were graphic pictures of
what you should see), and there was very little clear text that was really
helpful.

hth,

Chip

  _____