[tabi] Re: Community Invited to Explore <br />Future Transit Options | News | Talgov.com

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:44:42 -0500

Thanks Lynn for letting us know.

This web page however is poorly designed for accessibility needs (no
"land marks" defined, and all headings defined at the same level), so
I've excerpted the pertinent info and placed it below:

Community Invited to Explore

Future Transit Options

January 31, 2014

StarMetro to Host Three Public Meetings on Monday, February 3

- StarMetro is Planning for Tomorrow and hosting three public meetings
on Monday,

Feb. 3, to discuss the future of transit in Tallahassee. Area residents
and business

owners are encouraged to attend one of the sessions to provide input and
learn about

the City of Tallahassee's Planning for Tomorrow comprehensive
transportation study,

also known as the Alternative Analysis project.

The meeting will be offered at the following times, and those who are
unable to attend

one of the sessions are encouraged to complete an online survey at

C.K. Steele Plaza, 111 W. Tennessee St., 7 - 9 a.m.

C.K. Steele Plaza, 3 - 5 p.m.

LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library, 200 W. Park Ave., 6 - 8 p.m.

Discussions at the meetings will cover a variety of topics centered on
how best to

increase mobility, while exploring potential alternatives to the current
bus system.

Information gathered will help identify, develop and evaluate possible
transit alternatives.

"To gather feedback, we're using a variety of methods, including public

and surveys," StarMetro Director Ivan Maldonado said. "We will continue
to provide

opportunities for community input as we move forward together as a smart
city with

smart transit."

For details about the study, visit

For information about StarMetro services, please call 891-5200 or visit

. Other ways to view information include liking

StarMetro's Facebook page

or following at