[tabi] Re: Comcast

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:06:37 -0400

Hi Daniel,

We used to have both analog and digital channels both being broadcast on
the cable, and if you had the "premium basic" cable package, you could
get analog channels without a cable box; just the cable right into the
TV.

Now, Comcast has stopped broadcasting all analog channels, except the
local stations, which the FCC requires it to offer in analog form for a
low price.

They sent out a letter to all the customers who had premium basic
telling them this would happen, but it looked just like any other
Comcast ad for buying more from them, so a lot of people through it out
and didn't understand their cable would stop working until they hooked
up a cable box, which a lot of us didn't even have.  So, everyone had to
go get a cable box.