[tabi] Re: Celebrating White Cane Safety and Honoring a Hero

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:11:25 -0400

Hi Chip,

I'm falling down on the job! Thanks for the reminder/request for an update.
Some 18-plus folks met and crossed Village Square and Killearn Center Blvd.
Unfortunately, there was no law enforcement and no press. Shows what they
really think. I got some really good pictures and NFB provided some really
visible and cool signs. There were some young folks there observing and I think
they got a real education, not to mention the drivers going through the
intersection. I'm looking forward to Tuesday's events at City Hall as well and
encourage everyone who can to join us.

Perhaps someone from the other group crossing the intersection of Park and
Capital Circle might want to report on their activities?

Sila
  Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013

  Time: 1:00 p.m.

  Presentation will be conducted by Tallahassee Mayor John Marks

  Directly following his reading of the

  2013 White Cane Safety Proclamation

  We hope you can join us. We thank you for doing your part to help keep
Tallahassee's roadways safe for ALL pedestrians!

  Respectfully:

  Robert & Sila Miller