[tabi] Re: Braille signage-- demand and offer

  • From: "Sally Benjamin" <salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:21:02 -0400

Erica,

Thank you so much for the well thought out post and it was positive! I too
agree with you that it is already done and we need to thank star Metro. We use
to hate going downtown and we wanted another system and now we have it but we
are still not happy. Nothing is ever going to be perfect. Those who have put in
the time and effort to make the system work and help with the braille bus stop
signs need to be commended. Like Erica said there have been many meetings and
times when people could give their two cents worth. One person made the comment
that you could not even find the signs because there are not markings. I tried
to suggest this before we got the braille signs but no one wanted to do that so
we have to live with it this way now. I do know that Star Metro is aware that
we can not find the signs and they will be working on that.

I also want to commend Lynn evans for his continued commitment to getting the
word out for us. He is a true servent and is always looking for a way to help
out or give constructive
criticism.

I don't ride the bus but if it was closer I would be on it every day. Maybe one
day soon that will happen. I do know that Tallahassee has pretty good
transportation compared to some other cities. And, yes I have lived in another
city plus I travel in other cities and use the public transportation so I do
know what I am talking about.

Sally Benjamin
877-630-8399
volunteer@xxxxxxx