[tabi] Re: Braille signage-- demand and offer

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:19:43 -0400

Erica,

You may make any demands you like; but this is just your opinion.
Anyone else is free to put forth their opinions as well, so I wish all
others to know this is not the moderator requesting that you keep
silent.

Furthermore, other people's opinions aren't "excuses", nor are they
"whining or crying".  This is sailing very close to a personal attack
when you begin to describe others in such terms.

You and/or I am free to offer our opinions at any time, which includes
thank you's after the fact and opinions as to where things could have
been done better.

If you'll check my original post you'll see my first line says it's good
to have braille signage.  I also congratulated John Plescow on all that
he did in getting us the signage.

Twice after that I said that it's was only my opinion that the braille
was awkward to read.

One reason I said that is to encourage more public discussion of
decisions in the future.  I am by no means encouraging everyone to "keep
silent if you don't like it", that's entirely opposite to the philosophy
of TABI, which has always encouraged communication.

It's good you are so happy with everything, but there are always lessons
to be learned when things don't go perfectly, but only if you admit to
them and freely discuss them.  Silencing everyone who has anything to
offer afterwards smacks of how they do things in other countries, but
not here.

Chip