[tabi] Re: Blind drivers plot their own course

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 21:51:36 -0400

Blackjack,

There is a technology that would help, it's called a GPS repeater, but the
building would need to install one, and few do that (usually large factories
with automated system that move about and so on).

There are gps receivers with built-in  enertial guidance systems, which
track your position based on motion when a signal is lost, but they are
*expensive*!

there's a web site which is supposed to be coordinating the research into
this kind of problem: wayfinding.org

I'll let you know if I get a chance to try this gps out inside of such a
large building.