[tabi] Re: Big problem with transportation

  • From: "Charles Atkins" <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:09:35 -0400

Ms. Barbara,

Sorry to hear of your injury !

I hope they help!

Charles

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barbara Lineberry
  To: nova2010project@xxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:17 PM
  Subject: [tabi] Big problem with transportation

  I am a sighted member of The Tallahassee Council of the Blind and have been
following the many comments about nova 2010 on TABI..  I also have severe
orthopedic problems.  I had to use Dial-a-Ride and Big Bend for four months
last year and then found myself being able to drive again.

  This afternoon I injured my right shoulder and upper arm more severely.  Both
shoulders (rotator cuffs) are torn, but I was able to drive before which I do
by hand controls as my legs have no strength to drive.

  But now I'm going to be needing Dial-a-Ride and Big Bend again.  I can't walk
to a further place to be picked up.  I am writing to let you know that I'm one
of the seniors with severe problems that require your help.

  I have heard that you consider requests to other than doctors to be secondary
and usually won't schedule them.  I try very hard to not use you more than
necessary.  I very much appreciated your help in the first four months of last
year and I'd used you also at an earlier time.  The paratransit service is of
paramount importance to the quality of life of many people who can't drive.
Please know that I am one of many.  I've heard that your hotline is only taking
messages so I'm writing which is not easy.

  Thank you for your consideration.

  Barbara Lineberry
  bkblpp@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  Phone:  668-0762