[tabi] Re: 5/21/15 - Transportation Advisory Committee visit/update

  • From: "Robert Miller" <robertmiller2201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:42:13 -0400

Boy wait until you read my response. Have you ever seen a Braille sign on the bus stop signs? On my last trip I didn't find a single one. How do you explain Red hills and south wood. I understand you can't get everything you want but once and a while would be nice.

Robert

-----Original Message----- From: Chip and Allie Orange
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2015 2:10 PM
To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tabi] Re: 5/21/15 - Transportation Advisory Committee visit/update

Owen, they may happen, but I've seen Star Metro modify their plans due to public input too many times to let a remark like yours go by unopposed.

They actually do have good reasons when they plan for something, but I've seen them respond to public comment and change their plans. Why do you think we have braille plaques and Google transit routing on the way? Do you think they woke up one morning and decided they would just want to do that? In my opinion that's not how it happened: they responded to our public opinion (even when they may not have originally wanted to do these things), and they eventually made them happen because we asked for them.

Nope, none of us gets everything we ask for, but I feel very strongly that they are listening, and especially so to the VI community.