[swag] Usernames/realnames

"Master Strone, more to say have you?"

Well yeah actually.

Back again with some thoughts on Usernames.  Here's my
theory.  What do you guys think?

I believe we should use Usernames throughout SWAG to
refer to individuals.  These usernames would be
applied to crediting of artwork, site credits,
feedback references, forums and discussions etc.  The
only place where realnames may be listed (optionally,
to protect privacy) would be in a given SWAG artist's
personal artist bio page.

My reasons for this are as follows-

- It protects artist privacy and anonymity.

- It keeps us consistant with the messageboards.

In some cases an artist's username and realmname
areone and the same and that's fine, but a number of
us like to keep our anonymity.

The artists have the option of listing their real
names and possible contact details on their bio page.

For example- In my case, the art in the galleries
would be creditted "Reverend Strone", andanyone
wanting to know more about me can then check out my
online bio, where it might then say- Reverend Strone,
real name Daniel Falconer, and then go into my life
storty.  My name is there for anyone who wants to know
it, but it ain't splashed all over every image of mine
in the gallery.  Some artists may choose not to give
theuir true names in the bios, and I think that's
fine.

Casual users of the SWAG galleries don't need to know
our real names, but those of us who want to can make
them known in our bios for anyone interested enough to
want to look them up.

So, in the case of Ghost's site mockup- the Featured
artists would be listed by their username, rather than
real name (although I don't know about the example
Ghost used for his mockup.  He looks kinda crap to me.
 We don't want that kind of riffraff on SWAG),
Reverend Strone, rather than Daniel Falconer.

Rats- I've got to dash off to a dentist's appointment,
so I'll talk more later.  I'm dreading it- loads of
fillings.

"He's more fillings than man now, twisted and evil..."

Peace all, and please let me know what you think about
this subject,

Daniel Falconer (Reverend Strone).

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12