[studiorecorder] Re: recording in stereo

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:26:27 -0400

Doreen:

I think it all depends on what your plans are for that recording.  If you were
recording music, for example, you'd want to record in stereo.  But if you were
planning on making a 4-track recording to put onto a cassette, then you'd want
mono.  Also, if you were going to record with a mike and the mike was mono,
stereo would be of no use to you.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> rftb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/01/07 12:10PM >>>
This may be a very basic question, but I wasn't sure how to answer it when it
was asked of me.  Should we be using stereo mode when recording audio books
using Studio Recorder?  If so, wouldn't we need to use more than one microphone
to make the recording "stereo"?

  I recorded a sample in mono, and then in stereo, and they didn't sound any
different from each other.

  Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!
  Doreen Murphy