[studiorecorder] Re: can't make the clip indicator beep

  • From: Rob Meredith <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:55:10 +0000

Hi Duane,

With many sound cards, especially cheaper ones, a full-scale signal cannot be
achieved. Try going to Settings, Advanced Tab, Clip Indicator Settings and
changing to Clip Threshold value to something like -0.5. (You will probably
have to play with this value a bit. One way to determine what the value should
be is to record something loud where clipping is obvious and note the peak
level on the meter by pressing the letter "a." Set the threshold a bit below
this value.

Rob