[studiorecorder] can't make the clip indicator beep

  • From: "diverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:23:51 -0500

I have done a lot of recording using Studio Recorder in the past but not a
lot lately: So I expected to be rusty.

I haven't touched SR since last spring and that was a whole computer ago.
Since then I bought a new computer with Windows 8.1, contact APH and
installed SR and more-or-less forgot about it.

Now after a pleasant wrangle with my Realtec sound card I got SR to record.
Great!

Unfortunately my clip indicator won't beep. Naturally I looked it up in the
manual.

I went through the settings and nothing worked. I can turn the volume up so
high the sound card blocks it but I can't make SR beep when I am setting my
source volume too high.

I looked through the rest of the settings thinking there was some peak meter
setting I had to change,  I did not uncheck peak meter which was checked by
default but I did hit reset peak meter.

I had changed it to Time View so I changed it back to wave view and nothing
works.

Can someone tell me how to make the clip indicator beep?

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours;:

Duane Iverson