[studiorecorder] Insertting A Mix - Could Not Figure Out - Music Then Voiceover With Fade Out

  • From: Mika_Pyyhkala@xxxxxxx
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:57:22 -0400

Hi,

I'm wondering what kind of mix capabilities Studio Recorder has.

Essentially I have a .wav file that is already recorded.  It is about 45
minutes in length.  The file basically has voices of people talking on it.

At the beginning I would like to insert some music.  Initially I want the
music to be at kind of a high volume.  So let's say 20 seconds of just the
music.

Then the voice would begin, and at that time, I would want to lower the
volume of the music, but still so you could hear it.

And then eventually a fade out of the music.

I could not see from the documentation how you would do this.

I think it would be easy to do if you had a hardware mixer with knobs, but
I am not sure how this can be done with Studio Recorder.

Like can you play both files together and adjust the voluem of say the
music and the voices?

Thank you for any advice or pointers to articles, etc.

I am not sure if I would be better off doing something like this with a
mixer.

-Mika